Where are the best spots to place your home security cameras in Napa? As a general rule, there are three major regions of your property for video surveillance: your main entry, your home’s exterior, and select interior spaces. Even though your provider can suggest where you should install, consider the following best practices on where to place your home security cameras around your residence.
Make Sure To Safeguard Your Front Entryway
Even though it might seem absurd that a criminal would attempt to just enter through primary entrance, 34% of intrusions occur at this passageway. You can also count porch pirates among other threats to consider. A doorbell camera is ideal to handle all of these worries with crystal clear high-def, wide-angle capabilities.
Doorbell cameras are even more beneficial as you can chat with all guests who approach and ring the bell. Through your mobile application, like ADT Control, you can respond to every ring with 2-way talk and live video and give the impression you’re on site. Then if someone attempts something nefarious, you will have your video doorbell record a clip and deliver it to your mobile phone with a text message.
Cover The Most Area With Your External Cameras
Figuring out where to place home security cameras around your property can be a daunting undertaking. Fortunately, there are some useful recommendations to make sure you’re defended properly.
- The corners of your Napa residence provide an impressive field-of-view, as you can see two segments of your property.
- Just below an eave or directly into a piece of siding or exterior trim are excellent options for surveillance devices as they will be partly obscured by your home.
- Over your garage, since the garage door is a more enticing passageway for burglars than you might believe!
- Overlooking a back porch or sliding door -- or any entrance not in clear view from the street.
For each installation, make sure you trim away any brush and branches that could obscure your view.
Recommendations For Getting The Highest Level of Performance From Your Interior Cameras
You have quite a bit more flexibility on where to place home security cameras on the interior of your residence in Napa. But the additional versatility results in there being other installation variables to contemplate:
- Beware of Sun Glare: Even though you should be certain your windows are secure, the natural light through a window may cause glare and affect your camera’s video feed. Direct the front of your camera away from any direct views of windows to avoid this.
- Take the High Road: In the same fashion as a watchtower, a surveillance device positioned in an elevated area will provide a wider field of vision. Consider putting your cameras above bookshelves or attached to the upper reaches of a wall.
- Choose Unreachable and Secure Locations: Your video equipment won’t be able to protect you if it’s damaged or destroyed. Install your indoor units in a spot where children or pets aren’t able to mess with them. You might consider mounting or other ways of securing them to be certain they don’t fall if mistakenly jostled.
- Conceal Your Cameras But Don’t Block the View: The greatest video camera will fail to be of much use if you have a plant in the way. But it’s important to note, potted plants and other decor items also have the ability to hide your recording devices. Just ensure they don’t keep the camera from doing its job!
Have Secure24 Alarm Systems Install And Place Your Home Security Cameras
For expert installation of your home security cameras and security devices, turn to the professionals at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Let us customize the ideal plan for your whole house -- safeguarding all areas. Simply contact (707) 244-9280 or fill out the form on this page to get started.