Security cameras can easily be installed as a warning—a sign that tells would-be thieves or intruders that “we’re always watching.” Or you can leverage your video surveillance to bolster your home’s safety measures.
Thankfully, the latest security cameras arrive armed with an array of additions all designed to enable total protection for your family. Whether it’s recording capabilities and two-way audio or infrared night vision and fast action motion detection, these features enable you to utilize the most from home security cameras in Napa.
How To Set Up Your Napa Home Security Cameras For Premiere Protection
Placing your security cameras on the perfect spots around your residence is the first place to begin with home security.. Interior security cameras should be placed in high traffic areas such as the living room or den. It’s also a smart notion to set a camera pointed at main hallways, stairs, or other common areas criminals would have to pass to reach the rest of your interior. Exterior security cameras ideally provide a clear scene of your patio, drive, front and backyard, garage, and other exterior isolated buildings, like sheds. Then get a view of your main entryway via a discreet doorbell camera.
There are places within your interior that are less important to monitor like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Even if you have expensive items in your bedroom, placing a camera in the bedroom may impact your privacy. You can always add window or motion sensors if you need some type of security in bedrooms.
Features That Optimize Security Cameras
Device location is only the first step in extracting the most from home security cameras in Napa. The innovations listed below help to elevate security and boost overall home security.
- Motion detection: Receive automatic alerts on your phone anytime strange movement is sensed. You can also program cameras to automatically start filming when motions are discovered which helps boost camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Set your security cameras to record and back up clips for easy viewing anytime.
- Two-way talk: Most of today’s security cameras have a built-in microphone and speaker so you can actually chat with people through the unit. Through your mobile app, you can act like you’re inside the building or greet your kids as they come back from school.
- Wide field of vision: Field of view determines how much a lens can see, and allows for a more complete view of an area. Check for cameras that have at least 120-degree wide angle lens or that are able to pan automatically for superior visibility.
- Dark vision: Double check that your security cameras have either infrared or LED sensors that can capture footage of overnight motion.
- Activity zones: Activity zones provide you the opportunity to protect single spots within your house.. For example, you can program your exterior camera to inform you of movement happening on your yard or your porch and ignore cars passing or the sidewalk.
- Mobile app: app, like ADT Control®, empower you to watch live camera feeds, move cameras, toggle on and off the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app should send instant texts when the sense something unusual taking place around your property.
Get Your Video Surveillance Today
Pulling the most out of your video surveillance in Napa is simpler. From lightning quick motion detection to 2-way audio, your security system is elevated from simply a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (707) 244-9280 or complete the form below to start building your security system today.