Modern residential security solutions are becoming more capable every year. With that being said, you may still forget to do basic security duties like turning on your home security, shutting the garage door, or even securing your front door.
How would you feel if you didn’t have to concern yourself with these things in the future? When you implement geofencing in Napa, you won’t need to.
What is Geofencing In Napa For Security Systems?
Geofencing generates a virtual border a set distance from your property, which you can customize within your smartphone app. The technology then utilizes your cell phone to see when you go beyond the border and then triggers pre-programmed actions or notifications.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart devices utilize to communicate with other connected equipment. This innovative approach assists your home security by centralizing all elements onto a single network. You are then able to draw a virtual “fence” around your house and program what actions you want to take place as you cross the boundary.
For instance, as soon as you leave your property, you may instruct your security system to engage door locks, close the garage, and arm your alarms. Conversely, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing can notify your system to disable the alarm, open the garage, turn on lights, and even change your your temperature settings.
These are a handful of the devices you will be able to command with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Connected thermostats
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Electronic devices like Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Overhead doors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are All Possible With Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is just one way you can use your property’s security system in Napa. With the security app, you can make the most of smart home automation. With just a few taps of the app interface, and you can:
● Set schedules: set your smart alarms and cameras to operate at predetermined times. Instruct your lighting to turn down to indicate that it's time to turn in for the night, or deactivate your home’s alarm when you get up.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make certain equipment engage in response to a triggered event. Have your thermostat switch on the connected fan when the fire alarm is set off. Or illuminate your hall’s smart light when your doorbell camera detects strange movements in the yard.
● Customize scenes: Design room and event scenes with various smart components that operate in harmony together. Make your lighting turn off, the thermostat go down, and the locks activate at the end of the day. Or set the mood for TV night with specific lighting and HVAC adjustments.
● Protect your home with geofencing: You may not always remember to arm your alarm if you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing capability and your cell phone, you'll never forget to switch on the alarm and shut the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in Napa
Whether you desire extra certainty of a completely secure residence whenever you go to work or you want to explore your home automation options, geofencing can help. Contact one of our representatives today at (707) 244-9280 or complete the form on this page to begin customizing your perfect security system.